Title International Business Development Manager:
Type Emerging Markets / Digital Sector
Kings Cross London
International Business Development Manager: Emerging Markets / Digital Sector
Job title: International Business Development Manager
Employer: Momentum Services Ltd
Reporting To: Country Manager UK
Based: London, Kings Cross
Salary: £55,000 GBP per annum
Allowances: food/drink allowance of £151.66 per month
Applications open from: 31May 2018
Closing Date for applications: 29 June 2018
An exciting and unusual opportunity has arisen within the transport catering division of Momentum Services Ltd, a major international food services / food travel business. The role encompasses a mix of BD, CRM and sales marketing with a particular emphasis on Turkey and the BRIC economies and especially within the digital and card less payment channels. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the business's profile and relationships in these countries. They will work closely with the Country Managers and their local teams to drive sales within existing contracts at B2B level and drive retail sales through C2C activity. There is a potential opportunity in this post to earn a discretionary, performance related bonus.
Main duties and responsibilities
This role has an extremely wide scope and requires the ability to work autonomously.
Based in London, primarily in the Momentum Services Ltd on board services contract, the International Business Development Manager will:
• Support the Group's Country Managers by:
o creating and assisting with business development and client development plans;
o assisting with pitches to customers and prospective customers; and
o assisting with the development and management of insightful marketing and sales with a particular emphasis on digital commerce, loyalty programmes, flash marketing, digital point of sales and virtual inventory.
• Focus in the short term will be on the newly won Turkish market with emphasis moving to the Russian market and other new markets as they develop.
• Analysing the organic growth potential of new business products ideas and channels.
• Be directly responsible for managing relationships with key international clients with whom the business has a strong referral relationship and use existing contracts to develop and sell new services into those contracts.
• Develop a growth strategy for Turkey and the emerging markets based on existing and emerging digital technology.
• Conduct and commission research to establish existing / future client / customer needs
• Develop a structured programme of CRM meetings with existing client base and develop after sales support program.
• Recruit, develop and coach entry level staff into sales professionals
• Provide leadership and implement best practice across the Group
• Assessing new geographies for future growth potential
• Supporting in country teams with specific advice on technology issues and opportunities provided by the new technologies
• Provide regular credible feedback, analysis of sales data, and use this to provide information to inform marketing activity, sales promotions, flash promotion by social media and telephone.
• Liaise with the marketing and sales teams to determine the range of goods and services to be sold, agreeing marketing plans for those products, promotional opportunities, pricing and the collation of after sales data.
• Keeping up to date with emerging digital platforms and new technologies and recommending investment opportunities to the board.
There will be extensive travel involved in this role, predominantly to Europe, Turkey, Russia and, to a lesser degree, India. Most travel abroad will be pre-planned (for example to launch events or client meetings).
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics or related subject to at least grade 2:1.
• Proficiency in both English, Turkish and preferably at least one other language relevant to the BRIC economies is essential due to the travel and client base related to this role.
• Significant and demonstrable experience in dealing with Turkish custom and practice in the sales and/or digital industry with experience of growing sales and developing client and customer relationships especially in the field of digital sales, using cardless payment, phone payment, contactless technology, virtual inventory and payment gateways.
• Significant and demonstrable previous, relevant or comparable experience working in an international sales or marketing organisation with particular emphasis on high end services or luxury consumer goods.
• Demonstrable success with sales and/or digital marketing in high end/ luxury sector with particular emphasis on an emerging market or BRIC economy.
• Previous experience within the global market is essential.
• Flexibility in approach and the ability to achieve results through collaboration and influence, particular on board sales and new services such as on board entertainment, non food/beverage products and services, ticketing and developing new services for existing clients.
• Knowledge and experience in change management along with a strong strategic planning development background.
• Proven ability to challenge, motivate and partner with an executive leadership team to foster innovation and lead change.
• Willing to lead through a highly matrixed and influence-driven role, versus a team of direct reports.
• Demonstrable experience of developing a growth strategy for the business through the use of digital technology in order to optimise on board sales in the new Railway sectors of the BRIC markets. Experience of contactless payment, payment gateways, digital marketing, payment by phone and phone payment applications would be an advantage.
• Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
• Demonstrable time management, organisational and planning skills
• Demonstrable ability to work within a team as well as autonomously
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
• Experience in a wide number of sales/ client based companies especially credit card, or luxury goods and or services
• Experience in a number of cultures and countries from a work perspective
• MBA or to have studied business abroad.
• Very entrepreneurial mindset and have deep interest in developing businesses
• Experience in both B2B and B2C channels would be beneficial
• A keen interest in technologies and innovating new sales channels
• Proven experience working in an advisory role, either in a consulting firm, as an in-house consultant, or in a demonstrably similar setting (project based, financial and strategic analysis, exposure to senior management, etc.)
• Analytical and strategic skills, yet highly pragmatic and results-oriented
• Willingness to roll your sleeves up and learn from the bottom up, including getting on the phones with customers
• Appetite to travel regularly between the Group’s operations.
• Ability to blend in with a strong management team and culture
• Personality and a sense of humour
• Passion about making things happen!
JM DIG FR