Title Weddings and Events Manager
Type Event Catering
Type Venue Caterer
My client is an award-winning caterer with 30 years’ experience with a reputation for providing delicious food, stylish service and attention to detail.
they design bespoke menus for every occasion, from exclusive seated dinners and canapé receptions to weddings and awards ceremonies. This exclusive West London caterers are a listed caterer at over 75 of the finest venue spaces in London as well as being the year round exclusive caterer at a number of others.
The ethos of the company revolves around three things – Food, Service & People. Importantly, we are fun to work with because we love what we do and never miss the opportunity to impress!
As Weddings & Private Events Manager is to we need someone to :Act as an ambassador for us, with specific responsibility for maximising opportunities and profitability within the weddings and private events sector. Ideally you will have previously worked in a catering company and/or have previous wedding sales experience within a venue – selling both venue & catering, not dry hire only.
The role has a focus on converting wedding catering sales across a variety of venues within London and further afield, account and venue management, plus proactive work on wedding trends and showcases.
Ultimately, I will take whoever is the most suitable person for the role and fit within the team but at the same time, important for me that this person gets on well with the other members of the weddings team. We all pitch in and help each other, it’s a great working culture and always lovely to see an individual support our more junior reports, however, there are no requirements for a Weddings & Private Events Manager to lead or manage the Weddings Coordinator.
Due to the nature of the weddings industry, candidates must be willing to work evenings and weekends. We do offer a good holiday and lieu day package, alongside flexible working during peak busy seasons.
As the Weddings Manager, you will:
• Be a well-presented individual
• A natural people person with a positive outlook for the business and life!
• Ensure and encourage creative flair
• Be genuinely interested in the weddings / private events market. Be passionate outgoing and bubbly!
• Adopt a business development mentality, seeking ways to grow and develop lasting partnerships
• Demonstrate excellent organisational, written and communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Be a team player who is able to communicate at all levels and a willingness to share knowledge
• Have a passion for sales with strong negotiation skills and driven to exceed expectations both personally and commercially
• Proven track record with at least 2 years’ experience in venue or event sales, ideally in weddings and private events.
Come and join out fabulous fun team and really make a difference to someone’s big day!